We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect when you:
- make an enquiry;
- sign up for marketing emails and alerts; or
- browse our website.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to Alkimi X Ltd.
Alkimi X Ltd is registered in the BVI under company number 2098514 and our registered office is at Trinity Chambers, PO Box 4301, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you browse our website, we may collect certain personal information about you, such as your IP address and the pages that you visit.
- If you choose to contact us or sign up for marketing emails, you may also provide us with additional personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
- Depending on the nature of our interactions with you, there may be certain essential personal information that we have to collect from you so that we can provide you with the information that you have requested. This will vary depending on the relationship we have with you.
- We may also ask you for additional personal information which it is optional for you to provide but which will allow us to better interact with you. For example, you may provide us with additional information about your circumstances and preferences to allow us to better respond to your enquiry.
- We will always aim to make it clear which personal information it is necessary for you to provide and which personal information is optional. However, if you are unsure as to whether you are required to provide any particular piece of personal information please ask.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Specifically, we may use your personal information as follows:
- where you have expressly consented to us doing so, including:
- where you have requested that we keep you up-to-date with news and updates, to provide you with the types of news and updates that you have asked to receive by the types of communication that you have asked us to use; and
- where you make an enquiry or request any particular information, to respond to that enquiry and provide the requested information; and
- where we otherwise have a legitimate interest in doing so, including ensuring that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and tracking your use of our website to help us to provide a positive user experience and improve and increase usage of our website.
- Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in paragraph 11. Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of your personal information made before you withdrew your consent.
3. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHIN OUR GROUP
- Our group consists of various companies which are under the same ultimate ownership as us. Where you provide personal information to one company within our group it may be shared with other companies within our group. This is in our legitimate interests to enable us to operate our group effectively and to enable us to provide you with an efficient service.
- All members of our group are bound by this privacy notice.
4. OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with:
- providers of outsourced services, such as hosting and IT support or maintenance services (to the extent necessary for the provider to provide those outsourced services to us); and
- the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties if we are under a duty to share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others.
- We may share anonymised and aggregated information about our customers to third parties, such as advertisers, to allow them to select and send relevant adverts to our customers. We may also use such anonymised aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
5. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
- We will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the UK or EEA.
6. RETENTION, UPDATING AND REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Where you provide us with personal information we may retain this information for future use, including providing you with news and updates of a type you have asked to receive.
- The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
- It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your email address, by contacting us using the details in paragraph 11.
- If you want to stop receiving any information from us, such as news and updates, please let us know by contacting us using the details in paragraph 11. It may take up to one month to unsubscribe you from marketing.
- Your decision to stop receiving information from us may result in the deletion of some of the personal information that we hold about you, but we may still retain personal information we require for other purposes, including where it is required for record keeping purposes.
- In certain circumstances you may be entitled to request the erasure of personal information that we hold about you. To make a request of this nature, please contact us, providing full details of the personal information you want to be erased and the reason(s) for your request. We will consider all requests upon receipt and confirm to you whether we are able to agree to your request.
7. COOKIES AND LOG FILES
- When you browse our website, we may use “cookies” to keep track of your visit and give you a better browsing experience. Where required by law, we will request your consent or offer an opt-out.
- In common with most websites, our website logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp. We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the website, track your movement around the website and gather broad demographic information.
- The protection of your personal information is very important to us and we have in place various security measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure.
- However, you should be aware that the method you use to get in contact with us, such as email or post, may not be entirely secure and your personal information may be susceptible to being intercepted in transit. Equally, your personal information is at risk if a malicious third party gains access to your account on our customer portal or to any other place where your personal information is stored, such as your email account.
- You should therefore take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, including choosing a secure password for your email account and not disclosing your passwords to anybody else. You should use a unique password for every account.
9. ENQUIRIES, ISSUES AND COMPLAINTS
- You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time. Please contact us using the details in paragraph 11.
- In the unlikely event that you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us as described in paragraph 11. This includes situations where you want to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information, restrictions to be placed around how we use your personal information, or to object to a particular use.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Please see link for more information.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- We reserve the right to alter this privacy notice at any time. Such alterations will be posted on our website. You can also obtain an up-to-date copy of our privacy notice by contacting us as described in paragraph 11. Should you object to any alteration, please contact us.
11. CONTACTING US
If you have an enquiry or concerns in respect of our use of your personal data please write to our legal department at link.
12. FURTHER INFORMATION
- We hope that the contents of this privacy notice address any queries that you may have about the personal information we may hold about you and what we may do with it. However, if you do have any further queries, comments or requests, please contact us as described in paragraph 11 above.
- Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. For example, more information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at (link)[https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/].
- Alchemy Exchange LTD participates in the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework and complies with its Specifications and Policies. Alchemy Exchange’s identification number within the framework is 1169.